Job Title: Underwriting Manager
Salary: Salary Negotiable
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- Bonus of up to 25% of base salary
- Flexible Pension between 3% & 5% employee and 8% & 10% employer contribution
- Family private medical insurance
- Life assurance x 4
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day leave for your birthday
About our client
Our client is an equity release lender and currently have an opportunity to join their actuarial and underwriting team as an Underwriting Manager in their Reigate Office. It’s an exciting time to join the business as they look to develop their mortgage product range in a growing market sector.
About the role
As an Underwriting Manager, you will underwrite, review and approve lifetime mortgage applications to an agreed mandate level and act as a subject matter expert for Lifetime Mortgages. You will also act as deputy to the Credit Policy Manager, with a view to progress into this role in the future.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Underwriting Manager:
- Act as a source of advice and guidance in interpreting Lending Policy to brokers and other team members, as well as helping the Underwriting team develop the skills and competency required to deliver the high-quality decisions that the business demands.
- You will also act as the deputy to the Credit Policy Manager as part of your longer-term personal development plan.
- Underwriting experience gained working for a mortgage lender within a new business environment, holding a personal mandate to approve mortgage applications.
- Good knowledge of secured lending and property related matters with an ability to interpret and communicate lending policy.
- Ability to make sound discretionary lending decisions within an agreed risk appetite and Lending Policy, being able to exercise discretion on cases outside of standard lending policy.
- Ability to coherently and accurately summarise information regarding lending and property issues and make risk-based recommendations or decisions.
- Ability to mentor, train and coach others in technical areas.
- Able to demonstrate the capability to lead, on a day to day basis, a small team of experienced underwriters.
For more information regarding the role of Underwriting Manager please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days