Job Title: Training Officer
Location: Ipswich, with remote working option 2 to 3 days per week
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance (if applicable)
- Voluntary additional life cover
- Critical Illness Cover
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Cash Plan
- Health Screening
- Motor Breakdown Cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail Vouchers
- Season Ticket Loans
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
About the role of Training Officer
This role will promote and deliver a robust and comprehensive learning and development framework; ensuring the ability to evolve in response to business, regulatory, client requirements from induction through to continuous improvement training. The role will foster a culture of continuous improvement within the mortgage servicing functions.
Responsibilities for the role of Training Officer
- Deliver department specific training including local induction, continuous improvement, and refresher training, ensuring effective transfer of knowledge by validation
- Identify local training needs across the mortgage servicing function and to develop and deliver the appropriate learning to meet that need
- Organise workload of self in conjunction with the team to meet timescales and deadlines to avoid potential problems.
- Investigate and propose new training tools, techniques, and resources available, adapt and implement as appropriate
- As part of the team, assist in organising the L&D schedule to be able to prioritise induction training of new recruits and ensure a consistent cycle of developmental coaching of operational teams
- Understand and identify different learning styles, adapting learning techniques to appropriately facilitate
- Create and promote a skills gap analysis tool to identify opportunities to develop in conjunction with a talent pool
- Organise workload to meet regulatory and operational requirements.
Experience required for the position of Training Officer
- Experience delivering training in financial services.
- Understanding of the mortgage market is desirable, including knowledge of the applicable regulations / codes governing the financial services industry.
- Level 3 CIPD qualification in Learning and Development, or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- Creativity and knowledge to use a range of resources and tools to make training delivery engaging to a wide audience
- Ability to work as an effective team member – be co-operative, support others and deliver what you promise
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Good quality of written and verbal communication
- Ability to organise workload to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to see a task through to completion.
- Customer focused – identify effective solutions for Servicing development needs and be open and approachable to support and coach the teams where required.
- Be results focused – maintain high standards with own performance and measure own training output
For more information regarding the role of Training Officer please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days