Job Title: Training and HR Officer
Salary: Up to £28,000
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Location: Uxbridge (must be flexible to travel to London and Cardiff offices when required)
- 25 Days rising to 30 days with service
- Contributory pension scheme (matched up to 6%)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Holiday buy/sell scheme (up to 5 days)
- Cycle to work
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Discounted car parking
- Eye care reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recognition awards (SPICE Programme & ABCD awards)
- Social events such as paid for Summer/Christmas Parties
About the role of Training and HR Officer
Our client is a specialist mortgage lender who are in the process of growing their business and are in the process of becoming a digital bank. They have a great opportunity for a passionate and driven individual to actively promote a Learning Culture within the business. You will be working closely with the Learning and Development Manager and HR Team to efficiently and effectively support the L&D and HR functions. The majority of your time will be spent focusing on the delivery and administration of the L&D functions, whilst you will be required to support the HR and Payroll functions when necessary.
Responsibilities for the role of Training and HR Officer
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the Learning Management Systems (LMS), including adding/removing users, deploying training content and handling employee queries in a timely manner.
- Completing audits to identify opportunities for improvements and training needs. Completing monthly, quarterly and annual HR and L&D reporting as required.
- Working with the L&D Manager to identify training needs, design training solutions, deliver training interventions to all areas of the business, demonstrate measures of success and report accordingly.
- Source third party training providers when required and manage the relationship between the provider and learner.
- Schedule and co-ordinate training sessions and seminars, ensuring learners have adequate notice of training sessions.
- Being responsible for training course logistics including room bookings, refreshments, equipment, handouts and feedback forms.
- Managing the training tracker and providing accurate data on training activity.
- Ensure third party invoices are received and paid in good time.
- Supporting the administration on the recruitment and selection process.
- Supporting with the onboarding of new starters including initiating pre-employment checks, sending contracts and starter packs, creating new starter records and notifying payroll for set up.
- Supporting with general HR administration including maintenance of absence records, arranging occupational health appointments, managing family friendly policy requests, arranging exit interviews and maintaining the HRIS ensuring the system is up to date.
- Supporting with data entry and payroll processing.
Experience required for the role of Training and HR Officer
- Graduate in L&D related discipline is desirable
- Qualified/studying towards/ keen interest to obtain professional qualifications
- 1-2 years practical experience in an L&D role would be highly desirable but not essential
- Experience of administering LMS is essential.
- HR administration experience is highly desired
- Organisation and excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to multitask and use own initiative.
- Must be passionate and have the desire to want to progress.
For more information regarding the role of Training and HR Officer please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days