Job Title: Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Location: Hybrid 2 days in Nottingham
Salary: Between £40,000-£60,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm or Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday plus public and bank holidays
- Bonus and incentive scheme
- Life assurance
- A flexible working hours policy
- Refer a friend scheme
- Payroll giving scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme
- Savings scheme.
- Cashback on your healthcare
- Discounted gym membership
- Occupational health
- Employee assistance programme – work-life solutions
- Flu vaccinations
- Your Health Matters – a monthly initiative to raise awareness of and improve your well-being.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Flexible and hybrid working options.
- Friendly and inclusive culture.
- Strong sustainability agenda.
About the role of Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Are you a seasoned mortgage underwriter looking for a new challenge? We are excited to announce a fantastic opportunity for a Specialist Senior Mortgage Underwriter to join our client’s dynamic Mortgage Underwriting team. As part of their evolving mortgage proposition, this senior, specialist role involves underwriting and sanctioning higher mandate and complex mortgage loans. You will play a key role in delivering a consistently effective, compliant, and highly professional lending service to our brokers and customers, both before and after completion.
Responsibilities required for the role of Senior Mortgage Underwriter
- Underwriting new and further advancing applications across a mix of lending types, being responsible for underwriting more complex and specialist applications
- Maintain the quality of the overall mortgage book by exercising a mandate in a way that demonstrates strong credit assessment skills
- As a senior member of the team, you will mentor and help develop fellow underwriters and other colleagues, fostering a culture of expert practice
- Demonstrating sound judgement on loan eligibility and policy exception decisions by approving or rejecting applications and documenting via systems clear rationale behind decision-making to ensure a good customer outcome
Experience required for the role of Senior Mortgage Underwriter
- Proven track record as a Senior Mortgage Underwriter, underwriting complex regulated cases
- Mandated underwriting experience will be essential
- You will be highly organised and able to prioritise alongside being self-motivated
- Enthusiasm and drive to deliver great service ethos internally and externally to support the mortgage strategy
- The ability to be empathetic and flexible in underwriting decisions is key, always aiming to deliver the best outcome for the customer and the business
- Relationship-building skills are fundamental, building strong internal and external relationships is central to being successful in this role
For more information regarding the role of Senior Mortgage Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.