Job Title: Senior Manager, Product and Proposition
Location: Hybrid 2 days in Nottingham
Salary: Between £60,000-80,000 with a car allowance of £4080
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm or Monday to Friday 8 am to 4 pm
- Flexible hours
- 27 days holiday plus public and bank holidays
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Life assurance
- A flexible working hours policy
- Refer a friend scheme
- Payroll giving scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme
- Savings scheme.
- Cashback on your healthcare
- Discounted gym membership
- Occupational health
- Employee assistance programme – work-life solutions
- Flu vaccinations
- Your Health Matters – a monthly initiative to raise awareness of and improve your well-being.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Flexible and hybrid working options.
- Friendly and inclusive culture.
- Strong sustainability agenda.
- Medicash Healthcare cashback
- Life assurance x4
- Holiday purchase scheme up to 5 days
About the role of Senior Manager, Product and Proposition
We have an amazing opportunity for a Senior Manager in Mortgage Product and Propositions. Our
client is going through a period of transformation and now has a newly created position, reporting to
the Head of Mortgage Product and Proposition. The position will work closely with the senior
executive team to manage and develop the mortgage Proposition in line with the strategy blueprint.
You will be responsible for the full end-to-end product lifecycle, ensuring products are designed,
Implemented and evaluated in line with business objectives, ensuring good customer outcomes in all
aspects of design and delivery.
Responsibilities required for the role of Senior Manager, Product and Proposition
- Product Management – Responsibility for the day-to-day management of Mortgages new business and existing customer product ranges, across all markets (Residential and Specialist), ensuring that pre-agreed product-related customer, commercial and risk objectives are met throughout the lifecycle.
- Proposition Development – Harnessing a data-driven approach to design and develop new mortgage products and propositions, meeting the needs of our priority customer group (Extra Ordinary Borrowers), in support of our Strategy Blueprint.
- Strategic Delivery – Act as business lead/SME across the Mortgage Transformation Programme, supporting all workstreams and covering all aspects of IT development and business readiness inputs as required.
- Risk Ownership – Responsible for enhancing and embedding the mortgage product risk framework, including owning periodic Product Risk Reviews, Fair Value Assessments, Outcomes testing inputs and Risk Event management and closure.
- People Leadership – Lead, coach and develop a team of Mortgage SME’s, striking the right blend of support and challenge, and empowering colleagues to reach their full potential.
- Customer/ Intermediary Centricity – Champion the Customer/Intermediary and drive for good customer outcomes in all aspects of mortgage product manufacture, implementation, measurement and change, in adherence with regulatory and organisational standards.
- Driving Innovation -Take an ‘outside-in’ approach to innovative practices, using external market and alternative industry insight and approaches to evolve ways of working and future product design
- Leading the business – Foster collaboration across the Society and actively influence and help shape senior leadership thinking, proposing recommendations in support of strategy execution and ways of working.
Experience required for the role of Senior Manager, Product and Proposition
- Strong understanding of Mortgage product ranges across Residential and Specialist markets
- Highly developed understanding of the UK Mortgage market, including industry hot topics, market trends, competitor landscape and key customer challenges/opportunities.
- Thorough understanding of recent regulatory guidance governing mortgage activity in the UK (inc. Treatment of Vulnerable Customers, Consumer Duty etc).
- Sound analytics skills with an ability to use complex information to build compelling business recommendations.
- Managed mortgage product ranges on an ongoing basis (Residential / Specialist), delivering outcomes against pre-defined KPIs.
- Designed or developed new Financial Services products and propositions, adopting a data-driven, customer-centric approach to meeting customer needs.
- Led or supported strategic transformation projects, positively contributing to complex organisational change.
- Worked closely and built deep relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across different disciplines (e.g. Finance, Credit Risk, Marketing, Sales, IT etc).
- Implemented and embedded new regulatory guidance relating to mortgages.
- Contributed to the shaping, and subsequent execution, of a mortgages or broader organisation-wide strategy.
- Strong track record in managing and leading people, resulting in quality business delivery outcomes and tangible personal growth and development of colleagues.
For more information regarding the role of Senior Manager, Product and Proposition please contact us.
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.