Job Title: Senior Collections Officer
Salary: up to £30,000
Working Hours: Weekly alternative shifts of 9am – 5pm/12pm – 8pm and 1/4 Saturdays per month working 10am – 6pm
- Up to £30,000 basic salary (dep on experience)
- Work 35 hours per week
- 10% Bonus
- Pension (9% non-contributory)
- AXA Healthcare with Family cover
- Share Options for Top Performers
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Full training and development.
Perks* and other extras.
- Paid day off to Volunteer with our nominated charity
- Complimentary Fresh Fruit, Diet Coke/ Coke, we provide breakfast, great coffee, and plenty of tea!!
- Seasonal social events – including their annual summer party for staff and their families
- Season Travel Ticket Loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
About the company
Our client is bringing the used-car market up to date by building modern, digital, retail processes centred around the customer’s needs. Although they primarily provide loans for customers and link them up with some of the UK’s best car dealers in no time, that is just the start. Their goal is to make the process of buying a car as easy as buying a t-shirt on Amazon as well as creating a best-in-class consumer experience. With a glove box full of powerful algorithms (and investment from some of the world’s most reputable financial institutions) they have been building and developing a customer-first, fully integrated digital retail experience inspired by Amazon’s one-click model. They work in an extremely fast-paced environment with ample opportunities to make an impact on the business, so being a self-starter and using your initiative are absolute pre-requisites. Everyone has an input on how they develop and how they can change the game.
About the role of Senior Collections Officer
The role of Collections Officer is primarily to communicate with customers in arrears, predominantly via telephone and on occasion via written communication methods. Our client strives to ensure that their customers receive a professional, compliant journey always therefore outstanding customer service skills are paramount. In addition, we look for people with great work ethics with the ability to be able to work to tight deadlines and communicate effectively at all levels. Within a regulated environment and fast paced department there are of course service levels, KPI’s and targets to be met which are all geared to meet our customers’ expectations whilst achieving the business goals.
Responsibilities for the role of Senior Collections Officer
- To recover customer arrears via telephone, written communications and/or any other digital methods introduced into the department / function
- Set appropriate, sustainable, and compliant repayment arrangements
- To address failed arrangements in an appropriate and timely manner
- Address customer’s change of circumstances in line with company policy and procedures surrounding potentially vulnerable customers
- To liaise with other departments to ensure the customer receives the correct outcomes to collections issues raised
- General administration duties
- To adhere to the rules and guidelines as set out by the company and its regulators (FCA / ICO/ FLA)
- To address and raise any risks identified thought the course of the role and in line with company policy
- To assist in projects / mini initiatives within the collections function as advised by line manager
- Adhere to KPI’s set by the business
- Understand and adhere to departmental Service Levels (SLA)
- To meet individual and contribute to team targets
- To complete any reasonable ad-hoc requests
- To assist with the tracing function within the department where necessary
Experience required for the role of Senior Collections Officer
- Must have 18 months minimum collections experience ideally within a regulated environment
- Asset / Car finance would be an advantage.
- Experience of dealing with late arrears rather than early arrears
- Consumer Finance desirable but not essential
- Must have 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at C grade or above, plus have successfully completed A Levels/ BTEC or Equivalent.
- You must be IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel.
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- To be able to recognise and deal with customers’ sensitive circumstances and ensure the appropriate actions is taken
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices, and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
- Friendly and helpful approach
- Treat your colleagues, clients, and their customers as well as third parties with respect
For more information regarding the role of Senior Collections Officer please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days