Job Title: Second Charge Mortgage Underwriter
Salary: Depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Private Medical Healthcare through Vitality
- Dental Scheme
- Additional half-day annual leave on your Birthday
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Free eye tests
- Christmas and Summer Social Events
- Top Performers Dinner each quarter
- Fresh fruit in the office
About our client and the role of Second Charge Mortgage Underwriter
Our client is one of the UK’s largest specialist property finance providers who pride themselves with their first-class service and expert market knowledge. They are currently looking for an experienced Second Charge Mortgage Underwriter to join the team. The overall responsibility of the role is to take ownership of allocated cases from inception through to completion. There will be the opportunity to work towards holding a lending mandate.
Responsibilities for the role of Second Charge Mortgage Underwriter
- Underwriting and assessing loan documentation, including valuation reports and requesting additional information from brokers where required, highlighting any concerns.
- Carrying out checks on the applicants and properties and assessing their suitability for the loan applied for
- Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence.
- Recommending and referring cases to Credit Committee where credit committee approval required.
- Liaising with introducers, valuers and solicitors
- Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
Experience and skills required for the role of Second Charge Mortgage Underwriter
- A strong understanding of FCA regulation
- Experience underwriting mortgage applications, specifically within the 2nd charge market.
- CeMAP Qualification is desired
- Well organised
- Robust and comfortable working to deadline and under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
For more information regarding the role of Second Charge Mortgage Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.