Job Title: Roving Mortgage Underwriter
Location: Covering South and South-East
Salary: Circa £40,000 plus car allowance of £6,400 per annum
Hours: 35-hour week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.00pm
- 11% non-contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance x4
- 25 days holiday
- 75% income protection
- Discretionary bonus
- Lots of staff perks and incentives
About the role of Roving Mortgage Underwriter
Our client is a Specialist Mortgage Lender who are looking for a Roving Mortgage Underwriter to be field based 4 days per week, covering the South and South-East of England. The purpose of the role is to provide a dedicated onsite professional and efficient service to a selection of intermediaries, and to accurately analyse and understand key elements of all mortgage applications at every level of the process through to offer, whilst ensuring adherence to all policies and procedures. Also, to help protect the business from fraudulent activity and act in a compliant manner at all
times in line with regulatory guidelines.
Responsibilities for the position of Roving Mortgage Underwriter
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables.
- Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria.
- Deal with queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, delivering excellent customer service.
- Provide a prompt reply to all written correspondence.
- Responsible for approving offers for cases over tier one mandate level up to tier two.
- Refers loans to the Underwriting Operations Manager where they fall outside of the lending mandate held along with appropriate rationale.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with Head Office colleagues.
- Make suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance service and efficiency.
- Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements.
- Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF).
- Use initiative to resolve queries outside own area of expertise.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development.
- All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any tasks as required by management
Experience required for the position of Roving Mortgage Underwriter
- Previous experience of working within the mortgage industry with a strong underwriting or completions background. Proven experience of mentoring/coaching new team members would be highly beneficial.
- Proven ability to exercise good commercial and professional judgment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- CeMAP preferred or a willingness to study.
For more information regarding the role of Roving Mortgage Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.