Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Location: London, Liverpool Street
Salary: Up to £50,000
- Discretionary Bonus
- 25-day holiday (rising by one day after every three full calendar years, to 30 days)
- Private medical cover
- Group income protection
- Life insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Professional membership fees
About the role
We have a great new vacancy based in the City for a Portfolio Manager for our client who are a Specialist Commercial Bank. The role will be to proactively manage the Specialist Mortgages drawn loan book with the primary objective of ensuring that loan status and performance is tracked on a regular basis and that all issues are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Portfolio Manager
- Liaise with borrowers and 3rd parties regarding repayment of the debt within agreed timeframes
- Monitor conditions subsequent
- Monitor key milestones
- Conduct reviews in accordance with agreed timelines
- Generate MI and present analysis for management and committees
- Liaise with surveyors, solicitors, other professionals and customers
- Assist with retaining customers that continue to meet criteria.
- Implement appropriate collections, arrears, and bad debt management techniques to minimise arrears in line with the company’s collections and arrears management guidelines.
- Sanction Annual Reviews and in life servicing events exercising a delegated authority.
- Assist the Underwriting Team where appropriate
- Recommend appropriate loan restructuring where appropriate and prepare amendment credit memos
- Keeping accurate records, maintaining portfolio monitoring systems and preparing regular reports/reviews
- To deliver good customer outcomes and demonstrate behaviours that will positively impact customers.
- Proactively champion fair customer outcomes for all customers.
- To understand the Bank’s Risk Management Framework, and comply with the frameworks, policies and operating procedures which support it as they apply to your role and the work you carry out.
- Identify and escalate risks in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Broad and deep experience of property lending
- Experience of portfolio management
- Problem Debt management experience
- Team player with excellent communication skills, flexibility & adaptability
- Keen understanding of and appreciation of UK property market trends
- Highly literate with the ability to write clear, concise, incisive reports
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and close attention to detail
For more information regarding the role of Portfolio Manager contact us on 0333 1234 101
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days