Job Title: Mortgage Underwriter
Salary: Up to £35,000
- Bonus of up to 25% of base salary
- Flexible Pension between 3% & 5% employee and 8% & 10% employer contribution
- Family private medical insurance
- Life assurance x 4
- 25 days annual leave plus 1 day leave for your birthday
About our client
Our client is an equity release lender who currently have an opportunity to join their actuarial and underwriting team as a Mortgage Underwriter in their Reigate Office. It’s an exciting time to join the business as they look to develop their mortgage product range in a growing market sector.
About the role
As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will underwrite and approve lifetime mortgage applications within agreed mandates that represent acceptable risk within standard lending policy, as well as recognising cases outside standard lending policy that represent an acceptable risk, making appropriate exception recommendations to the Property underwriting team.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Mortgage Underwriter
- Make sound discretionary lending decisions within an agreed risk appetite and Lending Policy.
- Experience of working for a mortgage lender is essential, preferably holding a personal mandate to approve mortgage applications
- Manual underwriting is desirable
- Coherently and accurately summarise information regarding lending and property issues and make risk-based recommendations or decisions.
- Where required you will support the processing of applications and issue of mortgage offers, providing information to the Head of Underwriting to support the development of lending policy.
- Experience of working for a mortgage lender within a new business environment, preferable holding a personal mandate to approve mortgage applications
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of both English & Scottish property law
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Excellent IT skills
- Flexible approach
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills coupled with the ability to prioritise work loads
- Ability to self-manage workloads
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days