Job title: Mortgage Underwriter
Location: Victoria, London
Salary: Up to £40,000 with superb Benefits package
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Pension (3% employee, 6% employer)
- Private medical
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Family bond
- Life assurance
- Free eye tests
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free Flu jabs
- Discounted travel
- Other perks
About the role
We have a superb opportunity with a leading provider of life time mortgage products who now have opened a small office based in Victoria, London. You will report to the Underwriting Manager and will be responsible for underwriting Lifetime Mortgages to consumers over the age of 55 in the UK. We are looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter, with experience of holding a mandate, ideally with experience gained with Life time Mortgage or Equity release products however we can consider consumer mortgage underwriting backgrounds, providing you have a keen interest in developing your underwriting career in this area.
Responsibilities and experience required for the role of Mortgage Underwriter
- Work towards a lending mandate and to underwriter mortgage applications in accordance with current lending policy
- Operate as a team player within the new business department
- Support and deliver underwriting training, coaching and mentoring to other team members when required
- Operate in accordance with all required regulatory requirements
- Identify and report events and suspicion in line with AML legislation and procedures
- Understand and operate to the company complaints procedures
- Give guidance and support to intermediaries, assisting intermediaries and applicants with queries, challenges and appeals and to clarify company requirements
- Objectively review own and others underwriting decisions considering challenge/appeal or new information being provided and be prepared to recommend a revised decision if appropriate.
- To be considered for the position you will need to be an experienced mortgage Underwriter with Equity release or Life Time mortgage experience.
- Experience of holding a lending mandate is highly desirable.
- You will also have up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment in the UK, have a strong commitment to delivering a high level of customer service and excellent attention to detail
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days