Job Title: Mortgage Underwriter
Location: London, Victoria
Salary: Circa £50,000 depending on experience with extensive benefits package
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm
- Possible Share options
- Generous pension (employee pays 3% we contribute 6%)
- Health insurance (through AXA PPP)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest free season ticket
- 25 days annual leave
- Office located right next to Victoria station
- Burgers on Friday
- Regular team events
- Casual dress code
About the client and the role of Mortgage Underwriter
Our client is changing the digital mortgage space with the best minds in tech and Finance. Our client is going through an accelerated growth phase as their lending figures increase and are looking for an Underwriter to help revolutionize the world of peer-to-peer lending.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Mortgage Underwriter
- Work closely with intermediaries to manage the mortgage process and pipeline from application to completion
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure all new applications have the required documentation as per policy and criteria
- Provide updates to management on application progress, highlighting any issues
- Demonstrate a good understanding of personal and company Credit Bureau reports, KYC/AML, Land Registry reports and Valuations
- Assist mortgage lending decisions in line with lending policy.
- Provide support and guidance for colleagues on all matters relating to the underwriting, completion of mortgages and become a mandated lending officer.
- Full case approval/underwriting according to SLA, including assessing valuation reports, credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, other supporting documents with clear rationale documented for decisions
- Prepare cases outside of mandate for approval by the Chief Lending officer
- Contribute to the development of mortgage proposition with Customers and Intermediaries.
- Supporting and developing the Underwriter Support’s skills and knowledge
- Other ad hoc tasks to ensure swift processing of cases
- Hold and maintain a mandate for approval of mortgage applications
- Review audit and QA findings to ensure that these are being addressed with training or performance management
- Identify and suggest improvements and changes to criteria and policy
- Extensive Buy-to-Let Mortgage Underwriting experience, gained within a specialist lending environment is essential
- Mandate holder of at least £250,000 or more is highly desirable
- Good communication skills. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, as is a great telephone manner which you will use to win others over.
- Good project and time management skills
- The ability to work in a fast-moving environment where priorities sometimes change.
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- You must be comfortable working to a brief, as a member of a team as well as on your own
- You must be committed and enthusiastic and flexible
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify risks at an early stage
- A future leader in the making whilst working in a collegiate environment
- The desire to succeed through collaborative commitment whilst also not being shy to want to stand out from the crowd from time to time.
- A self-confident communicator, team player with attention to detail and good time management
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Underwriter contact us on 0333 1234 101
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days