Job Title: Mortgage Processing Manager
Salary: up to £50,000
Working Hours: Monday to Friday – 9am-5.30pm
- 25 Days rising to 30 days with service
- Contributory pension scheme (matched up to 6%)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Holiday buy/sell scheme (up to 5 days)
- Cycle to work
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts
- Discounted car parking
- Eye care reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recognition awards (SPICE Programme & ABCD awards)
- Social events such as paid for Summer/Christmas Parties
About the role of Mortgage Processing Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager within the mortgage industry looking to take the next steps in their career and become a Mortgage Processing Manager. Our client is a specialist mortgage lender who are in the process of merging with a second charge mortgage lender. The Mortgage Processing Manager will be reporting directly to the Senior Operations Manager and will responsible for a team of 5-8 Underwriting Specialists, ensuring the team meet agreed SLA’s and KPI’s for processing mortgage applications to a high standard and ensure excellent customer service is delivered.
Responsibilities for the role of Mortgage Processing Manager
- Coach and develop a team of 5-8, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Support the recruitment process
- Effectively manage the team and deliver business objectives through effectively leadership, motivation, inspiration and acting as a role model.
- Liaise and communicate with Brokers, Networks, Packagers, Solicitors, Panel Valuers and Clubs, and manage Broker, Packager and Internal Sales expectations effectively.
- Ensure complaints and escalations are dealt with in a timely manner and resolved where possible.
- Identify training needs and create development plans for the team within monthly one to ones
- Conduct processing audits and address audit findings with the team.
- Identify and suggest improvements and changes to criteria, policies and processes based on feedback from brokers, applicants and team members.
- Carrying out mortgage processing when required to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are maintained.
- Work as part of an effective management team to deliver excellent service and achieve SLA’s and KPI’s across the function
- Ensure all processes and procedures are adhered to.
Experience required for the role of Mortgage Processing Manager
- Team Manager with previous residential and buy to let underwriting experience OR currently managing a team of residential and buy to let mortgage processors
- Experience in managing teams of 5 or more within the mortgage sector is essential
- Ability to coach and develop team members
- Must have extensive knowledge in mortgage lending, preferably specialist lending
- Full understanding of the broker and customer journey
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of FCA, TCF and MCOB
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of managers to support the business.
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Processing Manager please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days