Job Title: Mortgage Collections Officer
Location: Hybrid 2 days a week in London, a 5-minute walk from Liverpool Street
Vacancy Type: 9-month FTC
Salary: Up to £45,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm
- Pension 8% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday rising by one day every three full calendar years to a max of 30) plus bank and public holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Private medical cover
- Group income protection
- Life Assurance
- 24/7 Access to a doctor
- Season ticket loan – interest-free loan up to £10,000 for a rail ticket or parking season ticket once probation passed.
- Professional membership fees – paid for by the company if relevant to the role being performed.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym health centre discounts or corporate gym membership with one set provider
- Personal dental cover
- Personal life insurance cover
About our client and the role of Mortgage Collections Officer
The purpose of this role is to manage the collection of missed and outstanding mortgage payments from specialist mortgage customers, ensuring any customers experiencing financial difficulty are managed and supported in line with company policy and procedure.
Responsibilities for the position of Mortgage Collections Officer
- To be the first contact point for specialist mortgage customers and/or their authorised representatives on any current or impending payment issues.
- To manage missed payments on accounts, making initial contact with the customer in line with our agreed contact strategy.
- To work with customers in a polite, professional, and sensitive way, to clear missed payments quickly wherever possible, agreeing on alternative payment methods where applicable. To offer treatments to prevent any repeated missed payments, such as updating the payment date or updating direct debit details.
- To liaise with customers and/or their authorised representatives to understand the root cause of shortfall payments, identifying cases where financial difficulty is the primary cause. Where it is, offering the necessary support and payment plans to correct the account.
- To manage accounts that remain in payment shortfall, maintaining regular contact with customers or their authorised representatives in line with the bank’s contact strategy. Adding cases to the Bank’s Early Monitoring List in line with policy requirements.
- Creating trigger and referral reports for escalation of accounts to our business support team in the event of non-correction, with recommendations for future action where appropriate.
- To assist our Business Support case of SM recoveries cases where required.
- To become an authority and subject matter expert on early arrears management.
- To maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the team and group procedures and policies relevant to your role.
- To maintain accurate customer records across the company’s databases and systems for accurate audit trail on all accounts. This includes the application of the correct forbearance flags on the customer account.
- To work towards, obtaining and maintaining a mandate to authorise early forbearance on customer accounts, including payment arrangements and payment deferment.
Experience required for the position of Mortgage Collections Officer
- Experience in mortgage arrears, within residential or buy-to-let lending
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are essential
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Collections Officer please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.