Job Title: Mortgage Advisor
Location: Buckinghamshire or South Hertfordshire
Salary: Competitive basic salary, plus uncapped commission.
Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
- Private Medical Healthcare through Vitality
- Dental Scheme
- Additional half-day annual leave on your Birthday
- Annual leave purchase scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Free eye tests
- Christmas and Summer Social Events
- Top Performers Dinner each quarter
- Fresh fruit in the office
About our Client and the role of Mortgage Advisor
Our client is one of the UK’s largest specialist property finance groups who pride themselves with their first-class service and expert market knowledge. As a Second Charge Mortgage Adviser, your main responsibility will be to provide solutions to customers by making suitable recommendations. Responsible for every aspect of advising customers on their needs and circumstances in respect of a second charge loan, a consumer buy to let or a business buy to let. Attaining the highest standards of regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities for the role of Mortgage Advisor
- Using effective questioning skills to establish customer needs, recommend lenders mortgage products and service to customers for whom they are suitable as part of a full advice and recommendation service delivered over the telephone.
- Ensure that all advice is given on the basis of a full and detailed fact find which complies with both the company’s and our regulator’s requirements. Maintain accurate and relevant customer records.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of TCF and what this means to your role and how you are able to do achieve this.
- Keep up to date on lender criteria, knowledge of seconds, CBTL’s, BTL’s and regulation.
- Present appropriate recommendations in a clear, concise and accurate manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Adhere to all regulatory requirements
- Adhere to DPA requirements
Experience required for the role of Mortgage Advisor
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Advisory role
- Experience in second charge mortgages would be a distinct advantage
- In depth knowledge of mortgages
- CeMap Qualified
- Excellent communication, coaching and feedback skills
- Resilient and flexible
- Approachable and self- motivated
- Proactive and able to identify and highlight areas of opportunity or improvement and advise on actions required
- Ability to analyse and present complex information in a clear, relevant and interesting way
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Advisor please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.