Job Title: Mortgage Administrator
Salary: Up to £35,000
Working Hours: Monday to Friday – 9am-5.30pm
- 25 Days holiday
- Life assurance x4
- Pension 3% employers and 3% employees
- Season ticket loan
- Private healthcare individual cover with AXA
- Discretionary bonus
About the role of Mortgage Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mortgage Administrator to join a specialist mortgage lender, who are in the process of becoming a digital bank. The Mortgage Administrator will be responsible for the processing of residential and buy-to-let mortgage applications in accordance with company criteria and policy. The Mortgage Administrator will work with the brokers and/or third parties to collect all relevant information in order for the request to be reviewed for a final decision appropriately.
Responsibilities required for the role of Mortgage Administrator
- Assessing credit reports, proof of income, bank statements and any other relevant supporting documentation to build an accurate before and after income and expenditure assessment for each customer
- Delivering an excellent service whilst keeping in line with given SLAs
- Demonstrate a good understanding of regulatory requirements and the impact these have on the business, including FCA, TCF and MCOB
- Supporting the Underwriting team by processing mortgage applications received by brokers
- Develop and maintain relationships with brokers
- Proactively manage own case pipeline effectively, prioritising risk averse or complaint cases and ensuring accurate data is reported as required to management and senior management level
- Where possible, an attempt should be made to close complaints at the earliest opportunity
- Be self-motivated, but also able and willing to work as an effective member of the team
- Meet business QA requirements in respect of all external communications
- Analyses problems, thinks creatively, and makes effective decisions in the appropriate timescale
Experience required for the role of Mortgage Administrator
- Experience gained in packaging/processing pre offer mortgage applications.
- Ideally gained experience working within a specialist lender, however Mortgage Administrators from the larger packaging businesses, brokerages and banks will be considered.
- Desire to learn new skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with brokers.
- Desire to deliver an excellent customer service
For more information regarding the role of Mortgage Administrator please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days