Job Title: Learning & Development Advisor
Location: Hybrid/Hertfordshire – 2-3 days a week in the office.
Salary: On Application
- 15% Contributory Pension (10% Employer, 5% Employee)
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, which increases with service
- Private Health Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Death in Service Insurance
- Income Protection
- Digital GP 24/7
- Dental Cover
- Health Assessments
- A day off for your birthday
- Generous maternity and paternity benefits
- Paid Carers leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle2work Scheme
- Benefits Hub; large selection of employee discounts, rewards and perks across a number of brands, restaurants, holidays and “away” days.
About our client and the role of Learning & Development Advisor
Our client is a fast-growing Challenger Bank in a high growth phase and have an exciting opportunity for Learning & Development Advisor to join their HR Department.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the L&D Advisor is responsible for identifying, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and, where applicable, delivering training in line with the Bank’s mandatory training plan and requirements from the business to ensure management and colleagues acquire the required competencies to meet the organisations strategic objectives.
Responsibilities for the role of Learning & Development Advisor
- Proactively lead new learning initiatives to support the L&D strategic action plan
- Liaise with managers in conjunction with the HR Business Partner regarding training requirements and conduct a training needs analysis for each of our business areas within agreed timelines.
- Assess both individual, departmental and organisational learning and development needs by identifying skills gaps and future learning requirements through yearly Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and PDPs in order to deliver a blended learning programme consisting of both informal and formal learning solutions by working with and coordinating external training partners
- Lead on the induction for all new joiners ensuring there is an induction plan in place and ensure essential key mandatory training is being organised
- Evaluation of training courses, solutions and materials including e-learning to ensure standards of learning & development meets business needs.
- Acting as a central point of contact for L&D queries.
- Research and coordinate training for all staff as identified in conjunction with the HR team, exploring new and leading-edge learning solutions to continue to evolve our learning offer
- Ensure that mandatory training is in place for relevant staff as outlined within the L&D Policy
- Liaise with training providers in the provision of relevant CPD training for the business, supporting training activities and associated administration where required.
- Maintain the Learning Management System
- Evaluate the impact of learning to the business, including monitoring engagement, creating a process to effectively measure the effectiveness and use the results to influence future initiatives.
- Produce and deliver HR training across the business including Line Manager training and Recruitment training
- Maintain records of attendance for all learning, ensuring that this is updated within the HRIS system
- Maintain relationships and contracts with external providers
- Ensure that all initiatives are delivered in line with budget
- Review and maintain the L&D Policy and strategic action plan
Experience and skills required for the role of Learning & Development Advisor
- Previous experience within a Learning and Development role (minimum of 2 years)
- Previous Financial services experience
- Experience delivering blended learning experiences including VLE, F2F Classroom and Digital
- Strong professional presence and the ability to interface with every level in the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexible, with the ability to work on own initiative, and to tight time scales.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and process-orientated
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook
For more information regarding the role of Learning & Development Advisor please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.