Job Title: Head of FP&A
Location: Hybrid. 2 days a week in the East Midlands office
Salary: Between £80,000-£100,000 depending on experience.
- 27 days holiday plus public and bank holidays
- Leadership team bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Refer a friend scheme
- Payroll giving scheme
- Annual travel pass scheme
- Savings scheme.
- Cashback on your healthcare
- Discounted gym membership
- Occupational health
- Employee assistance programme – work-life solutions
- Flu vaccinations
- Your Health Matters – a monthly initiative to raise awareness of and improve your well-being.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Flexible and hybrid working options.
- Friendly and inclusive culture.
- Strong sustainability agenda.
- Medicash Healthcare cashback
- Life assurance x4
- Flexible working hours
- Holiday purchase scheme up to 5 days
About the role of Head of FP&A
Our client, who is a mortgage provider, has a new opening available for a Head of FP&A to join their growing business. This role would be a great opportunity for a Senior FP&A professional to step into a ‘Head of’ role. The successful candidate will be fostering cross-functional collaboration, providing insightful analysis, and aligning financial strategies with business goals, resulting in optimised business performance, enhanced profitability and strategic financial decisions.
Responsibilities required for the role of Head of FP&A
- Lead financial evaluations for crucial projects and initiatives, collaborating with key stakeholders to develop robust financial business cases. Obtain approvals and adapt to evolving business requirements.
- Forecast and monitor Net Interest Income in collaboration with Commercial Business Partners, challenging assumptions from Mortgage, Savings, and Treasury teams. Identify risks and explore tactical and strategic opportunities.
- Establish a clear business planning schedule with Senior Leaders and the Executive, encompassing monthly and quarterly forecasts, as well as semi-annual Budgets/Medium-Term Plans (‘MTPs’).
- Serve as the primary Finance Business Partner for the Executive and Senior Leadership team, offering insights, analysis, and commentary to stakeholders while challenging the Business as needed.
- Production of semi-annual Budgets/MTPs within the approved timeline. Ensure active engagement of key stakeholders and appropriately challenge inputs. Identify and propose potential efficiencies and mitigation plans as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Financial Reporting team to enhance the month-end financial reporting pack, introducing additional automation for increased process efficiency.
- Play a pivotal role in implementing segmental P&L reporting and proposed improvements to funds transfer pricing, overhead allocation, and product profitability assessments.
- Forecast Admin Expenses and Investment Expenditure with the Finance Business Partner – Costs and Investment. Challenge functional cost owners on actual spend versus Budget.
- Support the Head of Prudential Management in ICAAP, ILAAP, and RRP, focusing on Balance Sheet and Income Statement modelling.
- Stay informed about existing and emerging prudential risks within the Balance Sheet structure during the planning and forecasting process.
- Ensure the timely provision of detailed and relevant management information from the FP&A team, taking responsibility for formal reporting to relevant Management and Board committees.
- Conduct semi-annual competitor analysis, delivering insights to the Executive based on the financial performance and commentary published by peer entities.
- Ensure alignment of systems and processes with the Risk Management Framework, including Model compliance.
- Provide the wider Leadership team with tailored analysis and support on topics such as group bonuses and other ad-hoc matters.
Experience required for the role of Head of FP&A
- Must have experience in the mortgage sector
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Must be a fully qualified accountant
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret complex data
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong experience in financial and business planning
- Proven experience of establishing and maintaining key relationships
- Ability to think outside the box
- Proven experience of developing and implementing successful business plans and analysis.
For more information regarding the role of Head of FP&A please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.