Job Title: Head of Collections
Working Hours: Weekly alternative shifts of 9am – 5pm/12pm – 8pm and 1/4 Saturdays per month working 10am – 6pm
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension 3% employer contributions
- Health Insurance (including immediate family)
- Free soft drinks daily
- Extramural activities including fitness sessions, football team, tough mudder team and regular socialevents as well as an annual company festival
About the role
We have an excellent new opportunity for a senior management role as Head of Collections to head up a new collections department based out of a central Manchester office, working for an industry leading motor finance lender. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of what makes operational delivery best in class, with the ability to exemplify best practice leadership, performance management, team motivation and coaching. Ensuring that performance outputs are in line with the department’s targets will be a key requirement, as will the ability to define and build dashboards enabling stable operational delivery.
Responsibilities and Experience required for the role of Head of Collections
- Ensuring the development and achievement of short, medium and long-term plans of the Collections teams are fully aligned with Operational/business strategy and are actualised in a cost-effective manner and in line with regulations.
- To be responsible for continuous process improvement plans.
- Identifying and optimising income opportunities in the context of the agreed business plan including the building of business cases to realise revenues early and/or within existing resource base
- Develop and provide high quality credit risk related MI, insight and advice to key stakeholders to support informed decision making.
- Responsible for early identification, escalation and mitigation of emerging credit risks.
- Ensuring the alignment of employee levels in line with capacity plans across the team.
- Ensuring appropriate control on budget is maintained including resourcing, overtime and localised reward to ensure that the right balance is struck between driving improved performance and managing costs
- Creating and submitting a quarterly financial forecast for review by executive management. Responsible for operational delivery against the approved forecast and for managing operational budgets effectively and accurately
- Setting and reviewing organisational/productivity objectives in line with business requirements
- To be responsible for the relationship with and oversight of all external partners
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in a related discipline
- Extensive collections experience gained within motor or consumer finance is essential
- Commercially minded, with a constant overview of the bigger picture as well as someone who knows what providing an excellent customer experience looks like
- Experience of leading, developing and coaching a highly effective team.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Decision orientated problem solver.
- Knowledge of the principles and application of risk assessment
- Demonstrable experience of the principles of strategic management and business planning in a Services or related servicing organisation
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
- Experience in managing budgets and cost centres
- On a personal level, you will need to be pro-active, resilient, able to prioritise under pressure, enthusiastic, energetic and strong attention to detail.
For more information regarding the role of Head of Collections please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days