Job Title: Founder’s Associate
Location: Hybrid. Based 3-4 days a week in the Paddington office
Salary: Up to £65,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
- Exposure to several areas of a fast-growing business and space to grow and develop
- Opportunity to make decisions and big contributions to a mission-driven startup
- Equity participation
- 25 days annual holiday
- Annual L&D budget
- 3% pension contribution
- Monthly socials
- Friendly and informal startup environment with a focus on performance and impact
About our client and the role of Founder’s Associate
We are excited to be working with a startup mortgage lender who are backed by a prominent group of investors. Their mission is to empower people to achieve their financial and homeownership goals. They provide Shariah compliant, ethical home finance solutions, focussing on those underserved by mainstream banks.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Founders Associate to join the business and play a dynamic role in supporting the business’ key priorities and objectives. This is a chance to work on impactful projects across a wide range of areas. The projects will often be open-ended, and you’ll use your initiative, creativity, and original thinking to solve problems and drive progress for the business and team. Working closely with the founder/CEO, this is a chance for an entrepreneurial minded candidate to get hands-on experience in building a high growth start up.
Responsibilities for the position of Founder’s Associate
- Support the founder/CEO and senior team across growth, operations, product and strategy
- Lead special projects and initiatives to drive marketing, growth and product/market expansion
- Identify areas for process improvement and support implementation, with a strong focus on delivering good customer experiences and operational efficiency.
- Varied support with analytics, data and modelling – ranging from designing and measuring KPIs / internal metrics to business plan modelling for investor discussions
- Supporting with investor reporting, presentations and discussions
- Support production of sales and marketing materials
- Leading growth partnership opportunities, organising events and community participation
Experience required for the position of Founder’s Associate
- Passionate about the company’s mission to empower underserved communities in their financial goals
- Success in high performance environments, for example experience in management consulting, investment banking, VC, high growth start up, or other similarly competitive environment.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and an ability to familiarise yourself with new tools and technologies e.g. Jira, Figma, Miro, Webflow, Salesforce
- Flexible and generalist abilities with a solution-orientated / pragmatic approach and hands-on mentality.
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Ability to speak directly with customers, suppliers, partners and investors, and take the initiative to get involved
- Strong academic background
- Personal characteristics to include: communicative, analytical, diligent, self-aware, resilient, discrete.
For more information regarding the role of Founder’s Associate please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days