Job Title: Finance Lead
Location: Hybrid. Based 3 days a week in the Paddington office
Salary: Up to £55,000
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
- Bonus plan based on company and personal performance.
- Opportunity to develop within a fast-growing business.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- 3% pension contribution.
- Monthly socials.
- Friendly and informal start-up environment with a focus on performance and impact
About our client and the role of Head of Finance
We are excited to be working with a startup mortgage lender who are backed by a prominent group of investors.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Lead/Head of Finance to join the business and report directly into the CEO. This will initially be a standalone role and is great opportunity to get into a Head of Finance role within a startup lender.
The role of Finance Lead/Head of Finance is accountable for the creation of management reporting on a monthly basis, regulatory reporting as it is required, budgeting and financial planning for the business as well as management of the company’s accounts payable function.
The role encompasses the management of the accounting systems, accounts payable systems as well as all company credit cards and bank accounts. It requires consistent and clear communication with all other parts of the business to understand their needs and facilitate processes that are as smooth as possible whilst maintaining clear and consistent financial controls.
Responsibilities for the position of Finance Lead
- Create accurate monthly accounts, inclusive of a group balance sheet, profit and loss as well as a cash flow.
- Identify and update Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in concert with requirements or requests from other parts of the business.
- Review movements and changes month to month, providing clear explanations for management on the nature of these changes and expectations about them going forward.
- Manage relationships with creditors, creating the best possible payment terms allowing for the best possible cash position for the company.
- Manage a listing of creditors and due dates for invoices.
- Create and maintain lines of authorisation allowing for strong control over outgoing expenses.
- Maintain a cash burn allowing for a clear understanding of the short-term cash position of the company relative to creditors that need to be paid.
- Collation of data for FCA reporting, working in conjunction with Capital Markets and Compliance departments.
- Companies House and HMRC reporting.
- Supporting our official Company Secretary in their work.
- Monitoring and maintaining debt facilities.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Maintain and iterate the financial model, adding in actuals monthly and altering assumptions as required for scenario analysis.
- Create and maintain budgets for the major company departments, identifying areas of overspending as well as helping identify new areas for investment in the future.
- Maintain records of spend within the accounting system to facilitate easy access to this information for both finance and other departments.
Experience required for the position of Finance Lead
- 1-3 years post qualification experience
- Financial Services experience would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of Xero and other ERP systems.
- Financial Modelling Experience both in Excel and with a bespoke system.
- Accounts Payable experience
- Regulatory reporting
- Communicative, Diligent
- Knowledgeable, Self-aware (humble), Purposeful
- Visionary, Resilient, Trustworthy
- Discrete, Analytical
For more information regarding the role of Finance Lead please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days