Job Title: Compliance Officer
Location: Fleet with hybrid working post probation
Salary: Up to £35,000
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy scheme
- 11% non-contributory pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance 4x basic annual salary
- Company sick pay
- Income protection at 75% salary
- Enhanced pay for Maternity and Paternity
- Annual Discretionary bonus scheme
About our Client:
Our client is a Buy-to-Let specialist lender that has leading the way since its 2014. They are more than just a financial institution and are committed to using the power of data-driven insights to fuel innovation. Aspiring professionals have the opportunity to study the CeMap alongside working to enrich their expertise and paving the way for a successful career journey.
The office space features prayer rooms, breastfeeding rooms, and quiet spaces, ensuring that every individual has a comfortable and inclusive environment. Need some solo time for focused work? Discover the convenience of singular pods, offering a dedicated space for independent tasks.
Our client invites you to be a part of a community where your skills are valued, your growth is nurtured, and your contribution shapes the trajectory of the company.
About the role:
We have a great new opportunity for a Compliance officer, part of a small but growing team of 3, part of the wider legal and compliance function. This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious individual, with a keen interest in developing their career and study professional qualifications.
Focusing on carrying out compliance monitoring activities, the successful candidate will support the delivery of the Compliance Monitoring Plan (by carrying out monitoring activities in line with the plan), agree and monitor actions, following the monitoring activity with key stakeholder in the business. You will also be responsible to produce Compliance Monitoring reports following the completion of any monitoring assignments and helping to protect the business from fraudulent activity.
Experience gained in a compliance monitoring or exposure to thematic reviews, within the mortgage or financial services sector will be essentials.
- Carrying out monitoring activities in line with the Compliance Monitoring Plan and will include thematic reviews, regular ongoing monitoring activities and ad hoc reviews as and when required.
- Reporting on progress against the plan and highlighting/escalating any pressing concerns or trends.
- Support line management in understanding and how to implement any agreed actions following findings of monitoring activities.
- Monitoring compliance with regulation, legislation, company policies and procedures
- Providing Compliance training as and when required
- Ad hoc support to the wider Legal and Compliance Team as and when required.
- Monitoring activities completed in line with the Compliance Framework and recommended standards.
- Complete conveyancer and other third-party audits in line with agreed plan where required.
- Handle internal and external queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally.
- Ensure records are updated and maintained in accordance with agreed policy and procedures.
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables whilst adhering to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop positive working relationships with colleagues and other departments.
- Continually consider improvements for service and efficiency making suggestions on such improvements through agreed channels
- Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF) and the Consumer Duty
- Compliance monitoring experience or exposure to thematic reviews is essential.
- Mortgage sector exposure particularly in the buy to let sector is highly desirable, however will consider other regulated financial services backgrounds.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and keen to learn and develop a career in Financial Services
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential.
- Able to be self-managing in respect of scheduled workload.
- A willingness to study a relevant professional qualification.
Trusting Stellar Select:
At Stellar Select, our commitment goes beyond recruitment; it’s about crafting experiences that elevate your career journey. We take pride in delivering excellent services to our candidates and always going the extra mile to ensure your success.
Our foundation is built on openness and transparency. We believe in clear communication with everyone we work with, fostering an environment of trust, honesty and fairness.
Embark on your career journey with confidence, knowing that our services are designed with your success in mind. Here’s what our complimentary service includes:
- Expert Consultants: We are your allies, dedicated to understanding your goals and guiding you toward success.
- Industry Expertise: Benefit from our in-depth knowledge of the industry, providing you with insights that set you apart in your career.
- 1-2-1 Experience Discussion: Your experiences matter. Engage in personalised discussions about your journey and how it aligns with the job role.
- Interview Preparation: Step into interviews with confidence. We provide thorough preparation to ensure you shine in every interaction.
- Negotiation of Job Offers: We’ll manage the negotiations on your behalf, aiming for offers that align with your expectations.
For more information regarding the role of Compliance Officer please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC