Job Title: Bridging Underwriter
Location: Central London, work from home 2 days each week
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Discretionary Bonus
- Other flexible benefits
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm
About the role of Bridging Underwriter
Reporting to the Risk Director, the role is responsible for underwriting and approving new Bridging lending proposals in line with Company Lending Policy, clearly communicating rationale behind lending decisions to all relevant parties.
Manage a pipeline of cases in a fast paced, pressured environment. Accurately assessing the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose.
Communicate lending rationales to Credit Committee for cases that fall outside of mandate and/or internal lending policy.
The Underwriter will work closely with BDM’s and Completion Managers in efficiently processing applications from enquiry to completion.
Responsibilities required for the role of Bridging Underwriter
- Ensure new lending proposals are underwritten in line with Lending Policy with any exceptions clearly documented and approved by relevant senior signatories
- Present clear and concise lending recommendations to senior signatories for proposals which require exceptions or fall outside parameters of mandate
- Present Credit Papers to Credit Committee for high value transactions
- Participate in daily deal enquiry forums.
- Assess and appraise valuation reports.
- Liaise with intermediaries on new enquiries and proposals ensuring underwriting requirements and/or reasons for decline are communicated clearly and effectively
Experience required for the role of Bridging Underwriter
- Flexible and pragmatic approach
- Previous experience in a bridging underwriting role having held a sole signatory mandate
- Experience of presenting proposals to senior signatories
- Strong analytical skills with ability to articulate clear lending rationales and recommendations
- Experience of underwriting business received from brokers
- Experience of lending to companies, foreign nationals, and offshore entities
- Working knowledge of trading accounts
- Good knowledge of the intermediary market
- Pragmatic approach to lending
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders internally and externally
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform under pressure
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and prioritising workloads
For more information regarding the role of Bridging Underwriter please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.