Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: Hybrid. Based 3-4 days a week in the Paddington office
Salary: £27,500 to £32,500 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
- Bonus plan based on company and personal performance.
- Opportunity to develop within a fast-growing business.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Annual L&D budget
- 3% pension contribution.
- Monthly socials.
- Friendly and informal start-up environment with a focus on performance and impact
About our client and the role of Accounts Payable Clerk
We are excited to be working with a startup mortgage lender who are backed by a prominent group of investors. Their mission is to empower people to achieve their financial and homeownership goals. They provide Shariah compliant, ethical home finance solutions, focussing on those underserved by mainstream banks.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join the business. The role is accountable for the timely payment, reconciliation and recording of all accounts payable within the business. A key element of this role will be providing support to the Finance Manager. In addition, the role holder must remain focussed on the smooth running of the businesses cashflow.
Responsibilities for the position of Accounts Payable Clerk
- Maintain good communication with all suppliers.
- Ensure accurate recording of invoices from suppliers with timely approval from relevant functions.
- Ensure timely payment of invoices and communicate with the Finance Manager to ensure correct translation to the accounting system.
- Ensure approved invoices are posted for approval from HSBC bank accounts correctly.
- Ensure that the Finance Manager approves cash payments from bank accounts in a timely manner following review.
- Manage cash drawdowns as directed by the Capital Markets Associate.
AP System Management
- Manage the approval workflow system, adjusting for changes in approval lines and limits.
- Educate employees on correct usage of the system.
Card System Management
- Ensure expenses logged on the card system are properly recorded.
- Obtain receipts from employees for expenses in a timely manner.
- Manage cash held on the card system and inform the Finance Manager if extra transfers are required.
- Support the Finance Manager in the production of Management Accounts.
- Support the Finance Manager in anticipating creditor balances and expected payments for cashflow forecasting.
Investor Reporting and Communication
- Reconciliation and analysis of month end servicer reports.
Experience required for the position of Accounts Payable Clerk
- Partially Qualified Accountant.
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Experience with Xero Accounting
- Experience with Pleo
- Strong Excel Skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, and passion for improvement.
- Communicative, Open, Diligent
- Motivated to win, Knowledgeable, Self-aware (humble)
- Purposeful, Visionary, Resilient
- Trustworthy, Customer Centric
For more information regarding the role of Accounts Payable Clerk please contact us
Stellar Select is acting as an employment agency and is a corporate member of the REC
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact you if your application has been successful. We aim to contact all successful contacts within two business days.